Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hi there, I'm home...

Blog Post, number 1:

Hello.

I will attempt to pour out my feelings about my impending fatherhood here, rather than on a therapist's couch (cheaper). My wife and I have not yet told anyone about her pregnancy since the technical twelve-week mark has not come and gone (though we will be informing the family(s) this weekend, which will be the official mark).

I am excited and increasingly nervous about the prospect of father-dom. I will be looking high and far for advice on NOT creating a mini-me, as I do not consider myself an exceptional role model when it comes to certain facets of my life. The old adage of me making a better life for my child than I had will be a major goal. I also worry, though with less trepidation, that my wife and I will differ on ideas for raising our progeny (discipline, food, TV, etc.). We already disagree on one thing: She thinks I will make a great dad and I worry I will be an amalgum of my own parents, who were older and hands-off.

Anyway, I hope this is a start of something _____ (blank to be filled in later, haha)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with my Sister. You're gonna be a great father. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you both. Keep up the fun blogging, as a father with three under age of 7, I'll have fun reading about your experiences ;-)